You might be new in Perth or have plans of traveling to Australia. If visiting Perth is one in your itinerary, then you are on the right track. This city has a lot to offer you. In fact, this is an ideal place for nature lovers, especially, if you would like to relax and keep away from the stressful environment in your workplace. Well, if you will come to Perth, then you will surely forget about the workload and all you can think of is to embrace the freshness of air and beauty of the surroundings.
It could have been better, if you can go to a park because this is the best escape from the home and workplace stress. This is actually an ideal spot for those who are looking for peace of mind, especially those who would like to spend some time alone. But, this is also a good place to be with your family and friends because here, you can have a picnic, which is indeed a practical and smart way of spending quality time with the most special people in your life.
Anyway, if you are already in Perth or still listing down spots to visit, then do not forget to check out the Kings Park. This will surely complete your stay in Perth because if you failed it, then you will surely miss the boab tree, Aboriginal bush trip and spring wildflowers. We have here a few information for you to know about the park.
How to reach the park
If you are already in the city center, you can always reach the Kings Park through public transportations. You may even catch the free bus ride that is going to the St. George Terrace. It will just take you a –minute drive and you are already in the park. And then, if you are driving a private car, then you have to enter through the Fraser Avenue.
What to do in the Park
- You can find here a 750-year old boab tree, which is actually coming from the region of Kimberly. It was transported to Perth to save it from the new motorway. Do you know that it bears nuts and then, after harvesting, it will be sent back to the origin?
- If you come in a spring time, then you would surely love the beautiful wildflowers in the park. Actually, there were about 12,000 different species of wildflowers there.
- There is a treetop bridge and you can have a walk here. This bridge is 171 feet above the ground and it is made of glass and steel. This is also a great spot for viewing the river as well as the woodland forest.
- Do not forget to bring your picnic basket because pretty sure that you would enjoy hanging here with your family or friends. This is also a good chance for you to meet the locals or the original inhabitants of Perth.
- Why don’t you join a walking tour for free? They always start at 10am, 12pm and 2pm. They have tour guides there, so they can surely tell stories during the long walk.